Wednesday, July 3, 2013

FACT: We're up and running!

It's hereeee!! Today I finally borrowed some inspiration from my cousin and blogging sensation, Erin, (check out her blog HERE if you don't already follow her!) and decided to start documenting the happenings of our crazy new life down here in TN! Danny and I wanted to start a blog not only to document our life and eats but also, and more importantly, to keep y'all who are interested up-to-date on what exactly is going on down here with us Nashvillians! Be prepared to see and hear about all sorts of things, we hope we can keep you entertained.

The name "Facts and Figureds" has nothing to do with math, in case that's the sort of thing you were hoping for. All "FACT:..." posts will just be the scoop on what we've been up to, stuff (or maybe famous people!) we see, places we visit, etc etc. All "FIGURED:..." posts will document our kitchen masterpieces, dining-out adventures, i.e. food related.

The idea for the title was birthed in part from Danny's imagination, and I guess a little bit of our combined wit went into it too =P When I was stuck on the name (I'll admit, I'm title-commitment-phobic), Danny created this scenario in his mind: a dinner conversation over a new dish/recipe he slaved over all day. He imagined it going something like this...

Me: "Baby, this is the best (menu item) I've ever had!"
Danny: "Yep, FIGURED!

In his mind, it "figured" that the dish was the most delicious we've ever eaten because he made them. He's hinting at two things here: 1) Homemade food is almost always better (agreed) and 2) He's a good cook (which my tastebuds can't argue). 

And so the blog title was birthed!

We hope you'll stay tuned to see how this unfolds. Don't forget to subscribe for email updates (look for the email box in the right-hand column of the page)!!



Love,
D&E




1 comment:

  1. I added you to my feedly. Now I need to get back on track and update my blog!! AHH! Glad you're settling in, can't wait to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete