Friday, July 5, 2013

FIGURED: Breathing Fire

We started off our first Nashville 4th of July at the annual Music City Hot Chicken Festival on the east side of the city. Along with my college roommate and BFF, Amy (who is here for the weekend!), we headed down to the fest (in the pouring rain) to see what this hot chicken hullabaloo was all about. 


Beverages, in these novelty cups, provided  by Yazoo local brewery.

Tennessee hot chicken is simply fried chicken (perfectly fried, might I add) that is dipped, drenched, and coated in either a blend of hot spices or mouth burning sauce, served with slices of white bread and (traditionally) pickle slices. 

Amy and I opted for the "Medium" tenders from Hattie B's (a famous local joint) while Danny chose the "Damn Hot". Amy and I were pretty teary-eyed from the Medium, but Danny actually had real tears running down his face.


Flaming tears. But seriously, though.

I have to admit though, even with my mouth almost literally on fire, it was the best darn fried chicken I've ever had. 

Wanna try it for yourself? Come visit and we'll take you around to some of the most famous TN restaurants for hot chicken!

D&E

No comments:

Post a Comment